Subject: Cpp Problem
From: [email-masked] (Brian Guilbault)

14 Nov 1996 10:45:15 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <Pine.SOL.3.91.961114073509.9578A-100000.cygnus.gnu-win32@nova>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
X-Sender: guil9964@nova
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi Guys-

I'm new to this list and have a problem with using Win32 gcc. I have read 
the README, the FAQ, and gone through the mailing list archives. The 
archives have another message in them that asks the same question that I 
am about to, but there is no solution posted there. I hate to post 
previously asked questions to lists, but I have exhausted all of my other 
resources.

When I try to 'make' a file, I get this error:

gcc: installation problem, cannot exec `cpp': No such file or directory

Now I know this file exists, and there is a reference to it in the README 
about why it isn't in the /bin path. When I put a copy of it in the /bin 
dirictory, it gets rid of the error, but then I get a slew of errors 
telling me that there is no include path for all of the various header 
files (stdio.h, time.h, etc). I have the line in my autoexec.bat:

SET GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=C:\Win32\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\

where win32 is the directory I have everything installed in.

Any advice is appreciated

  -Brian

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Brian Guilbault - GMI Engineering Institute
E-mail: [email-masked], [email-masked]
WWW: http://apollo.gmi.edu/~guil9964
QuarantineMUD: Telnet to exit1.i-55.com 4000
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".