Subject: job opening
From: [email-masked] (Scott Christley)

13 Nov 1996 19:08:04 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.2
Original-To: Cygnus GNU-WIN32 Discussion <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

ANNOUNCEMENT

Do you think free software is cool?  Do you think that getting paid to
write free software is even cooler?  Well this opportunity may be just
what you are looking for!

Job Opening
-----------

NET-Community has an immediate opening for a GNUstep developer.
GNUstep is a free implementation of NeXT's OpenStep specificiation;
check out http://www.gnustep.org to find out more about GNUstep.

NET-Community develops and supports free software for individuals and
businesses.  NET-Community is actively involved in the free software
community and is rapidly positioning free software as an alternative
to proprietary software for businesses.

Job Description
---------------

As a GNUstep developer, you will be responsible for continued
development work on many of the GNUstep libraries and associated
software; some of the software includes:

   Display Ghostscript System
   GNUstep GUI Library
   GNUstep X/DPS Gui Backend
   GNUstep Interface Modeller

You will be responsible for resolving technical support calls from our
customers, integrating patches from users, constructing periodic
releases, setting project goals and deadlines, maintaining the user
and technical documentation, and communicating with the GNUstep
community.

This position offers a high level of responsibility and personal
freedom, and NET-Community offers a competitive compensation package
in a relaxed working environment.

Job Requirements
----------------

Optimally the applicant will already be active in the free software
community, possibly as an author or a contributor to a software package.

B.S in Computer Science or related field.

Working knowledge in any of these practical areas:
        Programming Languages - Objective-C, C
        Operating Systems - GNU/Linux, OPENSTEP, NEXTSTEP, UNIX, Windows
        GUIs - GNUstep, OpenStep, X Window System, Win32

Please email, snail mail, or fax your resume for consideration.

[email-masked]
NET-Community
522 SW 5th Avenue
Suite 1105
Portland, OR 97204
fax: 503-274-5406
http://www.net-community.com

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".