Subject: Compiling MUCK Software...
From: [email-masked] (Keet)

13 Nov 1996 07:34:43 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.2
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

        I recently acquired some muck software called 'FuzzBall'. It's a
varient of the TinyMU* software. The author says he's developing the source
under Slackware96, and we've been trying to compile it under Win95 using
GNU-Win32. We get numerous wanrnings of 'Making pointer out of integer
without cast', and a few other various ones, but in the end we compile it
and it looks as though it's running when started up. We have noticed a few
problems though. Instead of allowing multiple users online like a MU*
should, it only allows one. Also, the author has logged in and tested it,
only to find that there are numerous places where the timeque's and some of
the other options are not working to the standard. Also, at some point
during it's run sequence (i've never been able to pinpoint it because I'm
not going to wait on the error to arise), that repots and error in the
'Cygwin_except_handler'. The source is available if you'd like to try and
compile it. Or if you know of any little tricks, tips, or hints on compiling
this, let me know. The author of this software, and I, would be grateful for
any assistance you could give us on the matter. Thanks in advance for your help.

- Greg Neujahr (Keet)
[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".