Subject: NT cannot recognize gnuwin32 executable
From: [email-masked] (Bala Parthasarathy)

12 Nov 1996 20:00:46 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Mozilla 3.0 (X11; I; HP-UX A.09.05 9000/712)
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I recently downloaded beta 16 of gnu-win32 on my NT 3.51 server
and I've compiled a bunch of my Unix programs under gnu win32.
Many of them work fine, but some of them give an error
"Not a valid Windows NT application" error when I launch
them.

I compiled all of these using commands of the format:
gcc -o <name.exe> <obj1.0> <obj2.o>... mylib1.a mylib2.a -lstdc++ -lm

All my programs do use static libraries which I again create 
using gcc. From what I can tell the only difference between the 
programs which do work and those that don't is that the ones that don't
work are larger than the ones that do. When I compiled the objects with
-g option, the sizes of the ones that don't work are >1Mb and
when I compile without -g, they range from 500k to 1.1Mb.

Does anyone have a clue on what could be going on? Is there a
magic flag to gcc that I must be passing in? ANY input would be
greatly appreciated.

I'm not attaching the od -x output (or any other info you need) but 
I can send it to anyone who can help.

Thanks a lot,

Bala
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".