Subject: Newcomer to gnu-win32 trying to compile and link V interface builder
From: [email-masked] (Mike Beddo)

12 Nov 1996 17:41:45 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I have a Compaq 486DX4 running Windows 95, 16 MB, ...

I recently installed gnu-win32 (b16) and was able to build the demo 
programs - except for the demo program cplus.c. It built ok, but when it 
runs exception errors and stack errors scroll off the screen.

I downloaded V from UNM and the documentation claims that it builds under 
gnu-win32. Several files gave ANSI errors when compiling (vtexted.c in 
particlular) - I solved (?) this by copying string.h into the build 
directory. There appears to be a conflict between string.h and String.h 
(the g++ String.h is not declaring strcat, strstr, ...).

I tried to link using

	g++ -o vgen $(OBJS) -L../lib -lV -lcygwin32 -lgdi32 -lkernel32 -luser32

and it built "something" with no complaints. When I then tried to run it, 
I got the same exception errors and stack errors scrolling off the screen.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Mike Beddo
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".