Subject: B16 and win'95 problems -- summary and thanks!
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

12 Nov 1996 14:15:28 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Thanks to everyone who's emailed me to help me out in solving my B16 (both
native and cross-compilation problems). 

2 things that really helped!
    1. replacing b16 libstdc++ with b14. It is documented in the README,
       but I had ignored to do it for the cross-compilation environment,
       which was a big mistake.
    
    2. The native distribution still dies with stack dump on *one* Win95
       machine. After way too many tries, I simply tried it on a different
       laptop, and it worked!

Now if I could only get tcl/tk/etc to cross-compile, I'd be all set. How 
can I convert from a .LIB to unix-type archive format? Be gentle, you're
talking to someone who hasn't opened a DOS box in almost 9 years (other
than to do word-processing and such on the road). I would really like to
build my extended tcl/tk interpreters on my linux box and then simply
run it on the win'95 box. Wishful thinking?

Is there any plans for building libstdc++ as a DLL? If it's possible at
all and if anybody has any ideas on how to go about it, I can see if I 
can take it from there.

regards,
Mumit -- [email-masked]
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".