Subject: Exception handling
From: [email-masked] (root)

10 Nov 1996 05:11:07 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text
Original-To: [email-masked]
Content-Length: 1355      
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I would like to know how does cygnus setup its exception handling
mechanism: how does one manipulate the %fs:0 pointer? I have modified lcc
to emit MSVC compatible exception handling code so that
__try {
	some untrusted code
} __except(etc etc)
works.

Now I need to know what should I do at startup to establish the top level
exception handler. Somehow you must have done it since I have seen a lot
of 'backtrace' output in the messages here. Is there any doc for it? Any
specific source file to look for? I looked in ftp.cygnus.com and 80MB of
stuff scared me away! (I have a 14000 baud modem!).

Thanks in advance for any help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Another subject:

I have worked a lot in the headers for WIN32. I brought the size of the
headers from 650K to 450K, adding at the same time thousands of definitions,
correcting typos, etc etc. I would like to upload a "windows.h" file that
makes 450K. Since I do not have cygnus, I suppose it works with gcc, but I
can't test it. Is there any specific place where I can upload it? I would
like that the whole community benefits from my work. There should be no
copyright problems since the copyright is already GNU!

-- 
Jacob Navia	Logiciels/Informatique
41 rue Maurice Ravel			Tel (1) 48.23.51.44
93430 Villetaneuse 			Fax (1) 48.23.95.39
France
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".