Subject: Trouble running programs under Win'95
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

10 Nov 1996 01:11:25 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Configuration:
    host: i486-linux (stock RedHat 4.0)
    target: i486-cygwin32

I successfully built a cross-compiler on my RedHat 4.0 linux, and
proceeded to build the examples and try them on a Win'95 (OEM, no
patches), and even a simple "Hello World!" dies at startup. eg.,
the example program "stu", provided in B16, gives me this:

======================================
bash$ stu
(stu.exe 1039) In cygwin_except_handler
(stu.exe 1039) Exception trapped!
(stu.exe 1039) exception C0000005 at A80000B6
(stu.exe 1039) exception: ax A80000B6 bx 0 cx 1000647C dx 2A74
(stu.exe 1039) exception: si 0 di 402090 bp 63F654 sp 63F63C
(stu.exe 1039) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(stu.exe 1039) Stack trace:
(stu.exe 1039) frame 0: sp = 0x63F454, pc = 0x10002C81
(stu.exe 1039) frame 1: sp = 0x63F470, pc = 0xBFF7663C
(stu.exe 1039) frame 2: sp = 0x63F494, pc = 0xBFF859D9
(stu.exe 1039) frame 3: sp = 0x63F52C, pc = 0xFFECBAD7
(stu.exe 1039) frame 4: sp = 0x63F654, pc = 0x10013764
(stu.exe 1039) frame 5: sp = 0x63F664, pc = 0x100020E9
(stu.exe 1039) frame 6: sp = 0x63F670, pc = 0x100192C1
(stu.exe 1039) frame 7: sp = 0x63F688, pc = 0x10001FCA
(stu.exe 1039) frame 8: sp = 0x63FE14, pc = 0x10001FDC
(stu.exe 1039) frame 9: sp = 0x63FE20, pc = 0x401408
(stu.exe 1039) frame 10: sp = 0x63FE30, pc = 0x401012
(stu.exe 1039) frame 11: sp = 0x63FE38, pc = 0xBFF88F75
(stu.exe 1039) frame 12: sp = 0x63FF78, pc = 0xBFF88E23
(stu.exe 1039) frame 13: sp = 0x63FFF4, pc = 0xBFF8783F
(stu.exe 1039) frame 14: sp = 0x815FA784, pc = 0x5
(stu.exe 1039) In cygwin_except_handler
(stu.exe 1039) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
(stu.exe 1039) In cygwin_except_handler
(stu.exe 1039) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
======================================
  
Figured something wrong with my cross-compilation, so pulled the 
one-five.zip from Cygnus site and tried to run the C compiler from itt
and here's what I get:

======================================
bash$ c++ -fno-handle-exception -fno-rtti -g -Wall -v test.cc
gcc -fno-handle-exception -fno-rtti -c -v test.cc
Reading specs from
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/spec
s
gcc version cygnus-2.7.2-960712
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/cpp.exe
-lang-c++ -v -
iprefix
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712/i386-cygwin32/c
ygnus-2.7.2-960712/ -undef -D__GNUC__=2 -D__GNUG__=2 -D__cplusplus
-D__GNUC_MINO
R__=7 -Di386 -D_WIN32 -DPOSIX -D__CYGWIN32__ -DWINNT -D_X86_=1
-D__STDC__=1 -D__
stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__))
-D__i3
86__ -D_WIN32 -D__POSIX__ -D__CYGWIN32__ -D__WINNT__ -D_X86_=1
-D__STDC__=1 -D__
stdcall=__attribute__((__stdcall__)) -D__cdecl=__attribute__((__cdecl__))
-D__i3
86 -D__POSIX -D__WINNT -Asystem(winnt) -Acpu(i386) -Amachine(i386) test.cc
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP/cc001043.ii
(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe
1044) In cygwin_except_handler
(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe
1044) Exception trapped!
(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe
1044) exception C0000005 at B8E58955
(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe
1044) exception: ax B8E58955 bx FFFFFFFF cx 100069BC dx 826F6C5D
(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe

[a few lines deleted here ... ]

(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe
1044) End of stack trace (more stack frames may be present)
(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe
1044) In cygwin_except_handler
(d:\cygnus\H-i386-cygwin32\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\cygnus-2.7.2-960712\cpp.exe
1044) Error while dumping state (probably corrupted stack)
======================================
  
Any ideas?

regards,
Mumit -- [email-masked]
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".