Subject: Focus on bash window and configuring problems
From: [email-masked] (John Jones)

8 Nov 1996 13:10:43 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0 (generated by tm-edit 7.93)
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi there,

  I have a couple of questions.  I have seen similar
questions in the mail archives, but no answers.  I installed
the beta 16 tools on my NT 4.0 box.

  Whenever a bash window receives the focus the letter "T"
is inserted.  This can be from clicking on the window or by
bringing it off of the taskbar.  How can I avoid this?

  Configure scripts don't run for me.  If I use:

.. configure

there is an error message just before the window closes.  If
I use

sh configure

then the script runs, but I get lots of errors of the sort:

configure: 12807332: No such file or direcotry

Does someone recognize this problem?  By the way, configure
does seem to find some things (gcc, flex), and I have
compiled bc with gcc (I ran configure on a Unix machine,
copied the files back the the NT machine, editted the
Makefile, and then compiled), so that part seems to be
working.

Any help would be appreciated.

                                 John Jones

---------------------------------------------------------------
Department of Mathematics               Office:  PSA 729
Arizona State University                Phone:   965-3725
Tempe, AZ    85287-1804                 FAX:     965-8119
URL: http://math.la.asu.edu/~jj         e-mail:  [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".