Subject: Mingw32-0.1.1
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

8 Nov 1996 00:12:42 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Again to those who may be interested:

I have placed an update of the Minimalist GNU-Win32 header files and such
on the minimalist homepage (http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/mingw32.html)

In this release I have:

 - Added more complete support for non-ANSI system calls, for example, stat
   and _findfirst,

 - Done the old (i.e. non-ANSI) naming thing properly by including a wrapper
   library "moldname",

 - Increased support for C++ programming (you can compile C++ now, and use the
   new operator, if you fix a couple of problems in windows32api-0.1.2),

 - Fixed some other bugs and omissions.

Unfortunately I have not:

 - Included my version of jam or Jambase because I want to talk to the author
   first,

 - Included RCL because it is in the process of being put under the GNU Public
   License,

 - Included res2coff (a cvtres replacement) because I haven't heard back from
   the author on the possibility of including it,

 - Ported libstdc++ because I was too busy fixing other problems.

This means that compiling resources is a bit of a hassle, perhaps impossible
on Windows 95 unless you can get rcl and cvtres source and manage to recompile
it yourself (or you have another solution available).

It also means that, although you can compile C++ programs, you are on your own
for class libraries (including iostreams) at the moment. I did almost manage
to get iostreams working (except for a text vs. binary bogon) before I was
distracted, and the port looks reasonably doable.

Finally, because jam is not included if you want to rebuild any of my source
you need to either download jam from http://www.perforce.com and get it up
and running yourself (I can offer tips). Or write grotty old makefiles.
There are some half-hearted mk.bat files which sort of do the work of the
jamfiles, but they are no where near as useful.

Good luck and thanks to everyone who has shown interest in the Minimalist
GNU-Win32.

Colin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colin Peters ------------ Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science, Saga, JAPAN
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/home.html - [email-masked]
コリン・ピーターズ  佐賀大学情報科学科情報基礎講座
一番好きな漢字は「晴れ」と「芝生」です。:)
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".