Subject: wxwin port status (dib stuff)
From: [email-masked] (Keith Gary Boyce)

5 Nov 1996 00:00:03 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked], Julian Smart <[email-masked]>,
        [email-masked]
X-PRIORITY: 3 (Normal)
X-Mailer: Chameleon 5.0, TCP/IP for Windows, NetManage Inc.
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Please eveyone look at the following mailing about the last remaining
problem with the wxwin port (besides porting it to B17 when it's
released). If any one has any comments, fixes or suggestions then
please mail them to me.
>Here is a BIG PROBLEM remaining.....
>------------------------------------
>panel and pressup are giving me a dump both where i=1001 in
>MakeDIBPalette. Bactrace is shown below. Why does this happen in

Some more obscure code I stole from somewhere... can't shed any light 
at the
moment, but since .bmps can be loaded from resources, most programs - 
such
as these two - can very easily be rewritten to not use dynamic bitmap
loading, at least for now. On past experience, though, you're not 
going to
give up that easily...

(Just had a look at dib.cpp and I see the function in question uses
LocalAlloc - 16-bit stuff. Maybe GNU-WIN32 simulates it or something 
but I
can imagine there would be problems with this legacy code. Needs 
rewriting
in a more portable fashion, I think. 

-------------------------------------
Name: Garry Boyce
E-mail: [email-masked] (Garry Boyce)
Date: 12/01/94
Time: 08:46:10

This message was sent by Chameleon 
-------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".