Subject: getting Perl5 to compile under gnu-win32
From: [email-masked] (Joe Marzot)

1 Nov 1996 11:21:32 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Gnus v5.2.2/Emacs 19.31
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

A while back I read some info on difficulties in getting perl to compile
under the gnu-win32 environment. If I remember correctly some of the
obstacles were related to not being able to run "Configure" and also
something about softlinks. (sorry this is hazy).

Does anyone have any additional(clearer) info on the obstacles to
getting Perl5 to compile.

Also I have heard about the Linux cross-compile approach currently used
for the compile tools themselves. Might this be a solution to the
problem.

Thanks for any info.

-GSM

-- 
 Giovanni S. Marzot <[email-masked]>   Senior Software Engineer
 Bay Networks Inc.                              Network Management Development
--

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".