Subject: __rtti_... functions
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

31 Oct 1996 21:13:53 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Ok, I solved it myself. That's what I get for not paying attention and using
the GNU 2.7.2 source files instead of the recent Cygnus ones (typeinfoi.cc is
completely different in the Cygnus source). Perhaps in the original GNU
library these functions are defined elsewhere?

I'd still like to see some information about these functions somewhere though.
Is there a man file or something that I've missed?

Just to anyone who might be interested: I have now managed to compile a
working version of libiostream.a on my Windows 95 machine using the Minimalist
GNU-Win32 stuff. This marks some progress (especially in the support of
system calls like 'stat').

The bad news: hello world is 118 Kbytes. After stripping it is still 54 Kbytes.
Jeez! Is C++ really that much of a code bloater?

Anyway, I will shortly be doing another dump of my header files and stuff in
the guise of mingw32-0.1.1. I *may* follow that up with an actual port of the
iostream library, or I may just put instructions on how to do it on my
web page for the moment.

That's it for now,
Colin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colin Peters ------------ Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science, Saga, JAPAN
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/home.html - [email-masked]
コリン ピーターズ - 佐賀大学理工学部情報科学科情報基礎学講座
                    - Current favorite kanji: 晴れ 芝生 -

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".