Subject: byacc broken?
From: [email-masked] ("John W. Eaton")

31 Oct 1996 13:06:36 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: Steve McKay <[email-masked]>
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

On 30-Oct-1996, Steve McKay <[email-masked]> wrote:

: I am trying to compile f2c on my windows 95 box at home using
: gnu-win32.

I was able to do this with b16 and Windows 95.  I don't remember
having a problem with YACC when building f2c.

: (This is actually an intermediate point in my attempt to compile octave for 
: win 95/NT).

It will be a lot of work.  Trust me!  :-)

I've managed to compile my current Octave sources (much different from
the released version 1.1.1) with b16.  However, resulting binary
doesn't work.  I believe the problem is the b16 copy of g++ and/or
associated libraries.  I'm hoping that these problems will be fixed
soon in b17 and that when they are, Octave will compile and run pretty
much out of the tar file.

If you really want to continue working on porting Octave to gnu-win32,
please send me mail so I can point you to the current sources.

Thanks,

jwe
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".