Subject: Re: byacc broken? fixed - thanks!
From: [email-masked] (Steven McKay)

31 Oct 1996 12:36:10 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
X-Sender: [email-masked]
X-Mailer: Windows Eudora Light Version 1.5.2
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Thanks for all the responses, especially to Geoffrey Noer and Christophe Kukuli
who mentioned that I needed to create a /tmp directory.  f2c compiled without 
any problems after that.  Is this in the FAC? (I didn't see it, and I read
the FAC- really! You can trust me!) If not I think it would be a good
addition, as it looks like I'm not the only  one with this problem.  Some
people mentioned that gram.c comes with the distribution, but I didn't see
it. Anyway, f2c compiles correctly (I hope - I don't have the libs compiled
yet, so I haven't tested it).  

On another note, f2c compiled (almost) out of the box (once the above
problem was fixed).  However, I couldn't compile without some changes to the
makefile.
I had to make sure that any intermediate executable (such as xsum) had the .exe
extension.  If I didn't, then when make tried to run it, it would give me a
not owner error, and cygwin would pop up a message that said it couldn't
find the dll named xsum.exe.   Is there some way around this, or will I have
to continue editing makefiles in this fashion?

Thanks again for your help.

S. McKay

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".