Subject: __rtti_... functions
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

31 Oct 1996 01:24:25 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi all,

In my continuing tendency to do things as they should not be done I have been
fooling around with a compile of the iostream library. After managing to get
the stuff in the libio subdirectory to compile I found some unresolved
calls to functions called ___rtti_class ___rtti_user and ___rtti_si. I can't
find any mention of these functions anywhere, but, by digging through the
complete compiled version of libstdc++ I found they were, supposedly, part of
the typeinfoi.cc file (found in the libstdc++ subdirectory). So, I compiled
that as well, which seemed to go fine except: the rtti functions are still
not defined.

Are the rtti functions defined in some other file? Is there some magic
command line switch I am missing?

As a point of interest: these functions have to do with run time type info
right? What is generating the calls to them? I can see nothing in any of the
source files which apparently need these functions which indicates any sort
of special request for run time type information (or indeed any mention of
these particular functions at all).

Colin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colin Peters ------------ Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science, Saga, JAPAN
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/home.html - [email-masked]
コリン ピーターズ - 佐賀大学理工学部情報科学科情報基礎学講座
                    - Current favorite kanji: 晴れ 芝生 -

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".