Subject: what did I miss? #!.... doesn't work in bash
From: [email-masked] ("Bret A. Schuhmacher")

30 Oct 1996 18:21:39 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

OK, what part of the manual did I miss?  I can't get scripts with 
#!/bin/tclsh or #!/bin/perl or whatever to work.  Is this a configuration 
thing?  Is this a path thing (/bin is in the path, as is .).

I downloaded the bash source code and found some code in execute_cmd.c 
that would do the trick... but I can't find the bash code that was ported 
to Win/NT.  I can't get my compiled bash to tell me what version it is, 
so I can't tell if the source version I found (1.14.6) is newer or older.

Not looking for a handout, just a pointer :-).  How have you handled this 
in the past (besides executing /bin/tclsh <script> from the cmd line)?

Thanks,

Bret

______________________________________________________________________________
Bret A. Schuhmacher                              Email: [email-masked]
Technical Director, WebNet Technologies          WWW:   http://www.wn.com
Voice/Fax: (214) 821-0848                        Pager: (214) 816-0283

              If you didn't get caught, did you really do it?
______________________________________________________________________________

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".