Subject: wxwin port (Another interesting c question)
From: [email-masked] (Keith Gary Boyce)

27 Oct 1996 09:47:48 -0800
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
X-PRIORITY: 3 (Normal)
X-Mailer: Chameleon 5.0, TCP/IP for Windows, NetManage Inc.
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Why do I get the following errors when I try to compile the simple 
program below the errors using gnu-win32 compiler?
gcc  -I/usr/lib/g++-include -o garp.exe garp.cpp
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x80):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ofstream::ofstream(int, char const *, int, int)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x8c):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ios::operator!(void) const'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x9a):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `endl(ostream &)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xa4):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `cerr'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xa9):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xb4):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(ostream &(*)(ostream &))'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xce):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `endl(ostream &)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xd8):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `endl(ostream &)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xe2):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `cout'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xe7):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0xfb):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(ostream &(*)(ostream &))'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x10f):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x11a):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(ostream &(*)(ostream &))'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x125):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x141):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `cin'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x146):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `istream::operator>>(int &)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x15a):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `istream::operator>>(char *)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x16e):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `istream::operator>>(float &)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x17d):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ios::operator void *(void) const'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x191):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `endl(ostream &)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x1b2):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(int)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x1c6):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x1da):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x1ee):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x202):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(float)'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x216):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(ostream &(*)(ostream &))'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x225):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `cout'
/WINDOWS/TEMP/cc0011741.o(.text+0x22a):garp.cc: undefined reference 
to `ostream::operator<<(char const *)'

Here's the program
#include <iostream.h>
#include <fstream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

main ()
{
	ofstream outClientFile("/tmp/foo2.dat", ios::out);
	if (!outClientFile) {
			cerr << "File could not be opened" << endl;
			exit(1);
	}

	cout << "Enter acct, name and balance" << endl
		<< "Enter to finish" << endl << "? ";
	int account;
	char name[10];
	float balance;

 	while (cin >> account >> name >> balance) {
 		outClientFile << account << ' ' << name
 		 << ' ' << balance << endl;
 		cout << "? ";
	}
	return 0;
}

-------------------------------------
Name: Garry Boyce
E-mail: [email-masked] (Garry Boyce)
Date: 12/01/94
Time: 08:46:10

This message was sent by Chameleon 
-------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".