Subject: Can't exec program, getting error - bash.exe: ./myprog: Not owner
From: Scott Kay<[email-masked]>

25 Oct 1996 10:06:46 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Scott Kay<[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Cygwin32'ers,

I'm trying to get the man-1.4h dist built and working and in the
process I built groff and now man and with some of the binaries I get
the following error when I try to run them.

Can't exec program, getting error - bash.exe: ./myprog: Not owner

Although 'ls -al' shows the owner as my ID, I did notice however the
programs exhibiting this behavior were not linked with the extension
..exe - so then I tried copying them to 'myprog.exe' but that did not
change the situation. Sorry if this is a FAQ I didn't see it mentioned
in the FAQ.

-Scott

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
			      Scott Kay
			    Powersoft Corp
			   561 Virginia Rd
			  Concord, MA 01742
		      email: [email-masked]
			  FAX: 508-287-2557
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".