Subject: [Q] Port of Fortran/C/C++ *nix app to NT
From: [email-masked] (James Huang)

24 Oct 1996 09:45:41 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hei folks,

I have been lurking here for a while and now I have a question which I 
hope someone can help me with.

I am looking at the possibility of working with someone trying to port 
an app which is currently running on *nix platforms. The app was 
originally written in Fortran and lately has had modules in C and C++ 
added. The thought now is to move it over to NT but the app uses X and 
Motif.

This app opens with 2 Motif windows, one containing various dialog and 
system feedback boxes while the other is a graphical interface for 
mousing around.

My questions then are
  
    1. Is there a Motif port to NT? I know that X11-R6 could be compiled 
       but am in the dark about Motif.
    2. In the event that the Motif interface has to be ported to Win32 
       calls can bash under Windows spawn several child windows as under 
       *nix?
       
Any tips or pointers which can help me get started on preparing notes on 
this would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

        James
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".