Subject: wxwin port
From: [email-masked] (Keith Gary Boyce)

22 Oct 1996 15:50:07 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: Julian Smart <[email-masked]>, Jacob Navia <[email-masked]>
X-MAILER: Chameleon 5.0, TCP/IP for Windows, NetManage Inc.
X-PRIORITY: 3 (Normal)
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

The following are some problems compiling some of the sample
programs with win95. Please send your input and comments to me.
I am collecting the general info about problems before addressing
the problems themselves.
PERFECT: types,resource,minimal, fractal,form, dialogs, animate,
         bombs
PROBLEMS:
1) printing has following problems
	a) Selecting Print Setup... does nothing
	b) Selecting Print Postscript dumps with gdb back trace as
	   follows
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x603 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x603 in ?? ()
#1  0x1b4 in ?? ()
#2  0x4a9698 in filebuf::open (this=0xd69d08,
    filename=0xd6b584 "c:\\WINDOWS\\TEMP\\ps10B3.TMP", mode=2, 
prot=436)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/filebuf.cc:114
#3  0x4b0a93 in fstreambase::fstreambase (this=0xd69d04, 
__in_chrg=0,
    name=0xd6b584 "c:\\WINDOWS\\TEMP\\ps10B3.TMP", mode=2, 
prot=436)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/fstream.cc:66
#4  0x4afff3 in ofstream::ofstream (this=0xd69d04, __in_chrg=1,
    name=0xd6b584 "c:\\WINDOWS\\TEMP\\ps10B3.TMP", mode=2, 
prot=436)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/fstream.h:76
#5  0x43bb69 in wxPostScriptDC::StartDocA (this=0xd6d204,
    message=0x430101 "Printing") at wb_ps.cpp:1136
#6  0x430422 in wxPrintout::OnBeginDocument (this=0xc3cd44)
    at wb_print.cpp:1084
#7  0x40233d in MyPrintout::OnBeginDocument (this=0xc3cd44, 
startPage=1,
    endPage=1) at printing.cpp:353
#8  0x42fe09 in wxPrinter::Print (this=0xc3ccf4, parent=0xd6a004,
    printout=0xc3cd44, prompt=1) at wb_print.cpp:958
#9  0x401c5a in MyFrame::OnMenuCommand (this=0xd6a004, id=104)
    at printing.cpp:219
#10 0x41c529 in wxbFrame::ProcessCommand (this=0xd6a004, id=104)
    at wb_frame.cpp:238
#11 0x41c403 in wxbFrame::Command (this=0xd6a004, id=104) at 
wb_frame.cpp:214
#12 0x463cf2 in wxFrameWnd::OnCommand (this=0xd65204, id=104, 
cmd=0,
    control=0x0) at wx_frame.cpp:965
#13 0x48f1f8 in wxWnd::WindowProc (this=0xd65204, message=273, 
wParam=104,
    lParam=0) at wx_win.cpp:889
#14 0x48e987 in wxWndProc (hWnd=0x1f4, message=273, wParam=104, 
lParam=0)
    at wx_win.cpp:710
#15 0xbff73663 in end ()
#16 0xbff928e0 in end ()
#17 0xc38ef8 in ?? ()
#18 0x58f64 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xc9b60f5d.

2) pressup dumps immediately with backtrace
#0  0xbff76cbe in end ()
#1  0x82bb7038 in ?? ()
#2  0x409476 in wxLoadIntoBitmap (filename=0x401b08 "tile.bmp",
    bitmap=0xd7ad04, pal=0xc4cf78) at dib.cpp:814
#3  0x46ac56 in wxBitmap::LoadFile (this=0xd7ad04,
    bitmap_file=0x401b08 "tile.bmp", flags=2) at wx_gdi.cpp:1521
#4  0x46aab6 in wxBitmap::wxBitmap (this=0xd7ad04,
    bitmap_file=0x401b08 "tile.bmp", flags=2) at wx_gdi.cpp:1369
#5  0x401bcd in GridCanvas::GridCanvas (this=0xd7a204, 
frame=0xd7a004, n=7)
    at gui.cpp:47
#6  0x403903 in MyApp::OnInit (this=0x4be054) at gui.cpp:360
#7  0x476f16 in wxEntry (hInstance=0x400000,
    m_lpCmdLine=0x81563e48 
"c:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\pressup\\pressup
..exe ", nCmdShow=1, enterLoop=1) at wx_main.cpp:554
#8  0x477902 in WinMain (hInstance=0x400000, hPrevInstance=0x0,
    m_lpCmdLine=0x81563e48 
"c:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\pressup\\pressup
..exe ", nCmdShow=1) at wx_main.cpp:900
#9  0x4aa6b6 in main () at 
.../../../../packages/libs/winsup/libcmain.cc:13
#10 0x10001eb9 in dll_crt0_1 (uptr=0x4bfe0c)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/winsup/dcrt0.cc:539
#11 0x10001ecb in dll_crt0 (uptr=0x4bfe0c)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/winsup/dcrt0.cc:549
#12 0x4aa58e in cygwin_crt0 ()
    at ../../../../packages/libs/winsup/libccrt0.cc:49

3) layout load file option does nothing except bring up standard
   microsoft load dialog but no file actually gets loaded.
   (maybe no problem here but sure looks like it)

4) hello opens 2 windows and then dumps immediately with backtrace

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x6167cd01 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x6167cd01 in ?? ()
#1  0xff0d in ?? ()
#2  0x4b6a90 in _IO_fstat (fildes=65280, buf=0xc8cdd8)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/ioprims.c:71
#3  0x4ae80b in _IO_file_stat (fp=0xc8cf00, st=0xc8cdd8)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/fileops.c:555
#4  0x4adcd6 in filebuf::sys_stat (this=0xc8cf00, st=0xc8cdd8)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/filebuf.cc:186
#5  0x4add5a in _IO_file_doallocate (fp=0xc8cf00)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/filedoalloc.c:77
#6  0x4adc23 in filebuf::doallocate (this=0xc8cf00)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/filebuf.cc:142
#7  0x4b5daa in _IO_doallocbuf (fp=0xc8cf00)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/genops.c:297
#8  0x4ae23e in _IO_file_underflow (fp=0xc8cf00)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/fileops.c:274
#9  0x4adc43 in filebuf::underflow (this=0xc8cf00)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/filebuf.cc:151
#10 0x4b5c34 in __underflow (fp=0xc8cf00)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/genops.c:249
#11 0x4b7560 in istream::peek (this=0xc8cf4c)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/streambuf.h:388
#12 0x48b6df in wxTextWindow::LoadFile (this=0xdbe004,
    file=0x401501 "welcome.txt") at wx_text.cpp:550
#13 0x402852 in MyApp::OnInit (this=0x4c1034) at hello.cpp:305
#14 0x478a16 in wxEntry (hInstance=0x400000,
    m_lpCmdLine=0x8154fbbc 
"c:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\hello\\hello.exe
 ", nCmdShow=1, enterLoop=1) at wx_main.cpp:554
#15 0x479402 in WinMain (hInstance=0x400000, hPrevInstance=0x0,
    m_lpCmdLine=0x8154fbbc 
"c:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\hello\\hello.exe
 ", nCmdShow=1) at wx_main.cpp:900
#16 0x4ad9d2 in main () at 
.../../../../packages/libs/winsup/libcmain.cc:13
#17 0x10001eb9 in dll_crt0_1 (uptr=0x4c2eb0)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/winsup/dcrt0.cc:539
#18 0x10001ecb in dll_crt0 (uptr=0x4c2eb0)
    at ../../../../packages/libs/winsup/dcrt0.cc:549
#19 0x4ad8aa in cygwin_crt0 ()
    at ../../../../packages/libs/winsup/libccrt0.cc:49

5) docview print and print setup do nothing
   print preview works fine. 
   a) on trying an open it dumps with backtrace
#0  0xcb000 in ?? ()
#1  0x4c2655 in open (
    file=0xc7cb7c 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\samples.txt", flags=0)
    at 
.../../../../../../packages/libs/newlib/libc/syscalls/sysopen.c:22
#2  0x4b2338 in filebuf::open (this=0xc7ca7c,
    filename=0xc7cb7c 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\samples.txt",
    mode=1, prot=436) at 
.../../../../packages/libs/libio/filebuf.cc:114
#3  0x4b9733 in fstreambase::fstreambase (this=0xc7ca78, 
__in_chrg=0,
    name=0xc7cb7c 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\samples.txt", mode=1,
    prot=436) at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/fstream.cc:66
#4  0x4b882f in ifstream::ifstream (this=0xc7ca78, __in_chrg=1,
    name=0xc7cb7c 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\samples.txt", mode=1,
    prot=436) at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/fstream.h:65
#5  0x464b88 in wxDocument::OnOpenDocument (this=0xda9b04,
    file=0xc7cb7c 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\samples.txt")
    at wx_doc.cpp:277
#6  0x466f4b in wxDocManager::CreateDocument (this=0xda9a84, 
path=0x0, flags=0)
    at wx_doc.cpp:1112
#7  0x4663cb in wxDocManager::OnFileOpen (this=0xda9a84) at 
wx_doc.cpp:923
#8  0x46612d in wxDocManager::OnMenuCommand (this=0xda9a84, 
command=5000)
    at wx_doc.cpp:861
#9  0x4680ad in wxDocParentFrame::OnMenuCommand (this=0xdaa004, 
id=5000)
    at wx_doc.cpp:1573
#10 0x401e44 in MyFrame::OnMenuCommand (this=0xdaa004, id=5000)
    at docview.cpp:284
#11 0x41e6f1 in wxbFrame::ProcessCommand (this=0xdaa004, id=5000)
    at wb_frame.cpp:238
#12 0x41e5cb in wxbFrame::Command (this=0xdaa004, id=5000) at 
wb_frame.cpp:214
#13 0x46c992 in wxFrameWnd::OnCommand (this=0xda5204, id=5000, 
cmd=0,
    control=0x0) at wx_frame.cpp:965
#14 0x497e98 in wxWnd::WindowProc (this=0xda5204, message=273, 
wParam=5000,
    lParam=0) at wx_win.cpp:889
#15 0x497627 in wxWndProc (hWnd=0x1d4, message=273, wParam=5000, 
lParam=0)
    at wx_win.cpp:710
#16 0xbff73663 in end ()
#17 0xbff928e0 in end ()
#18 0xc78f00 in ?? ()
#19 0x58f64 in ?? ()
Cannot access memory at address 0xc9b60f5d.
   b) Trying to Save it dumps with backtrace
#0  0xcb000 in ?? ()
#1  0x4c2655 in open (
    file=0xdaabc4 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\docview\\test2.txt",
    flags=1537)
    at 
.../../../../../../packages/libs/newlib/libc/syscalls/sysopen.c:22
#2  0x4b2338 in filebuf::open (this=0xc7cc40,
    filename=0xdaabc4 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\docview\\test2.txt",
mode=2, prot=436) at ../../../../packages/libs/libio/filebuf.cc:114
#3  0x4b9733 in fstreambase::fstreambase (this=0xc7cc3c, 
__in_chrg=0,
    name=0xdaabc4 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\docview\\test2.txt",
    mode=2, prot=436) at 
.../../../../packages/libs/libio/fstream.cc:66
#4  0x4b8c93 in ofstream::ofstream (this=0xc7cc3c, __in_chrg=1,
    name=0xdaabc4 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\docview\\test2.txt",
    mode=2, prot=436) at 
.../../../../packages/libs/libio/fstream.h:76
#5  0x464922 in wxDocument::OnSaveDocument (this=0xda9b84,
    file=0xdaabc4 
"C:\\usr\\garp\\src\\wxwin\\samples\\docview\\test2.txt")
    at wx_doc.cpp:250
#6  0x46482d in wxDocument::SaveAs (this=0xda9b84) at 
wx_doc.cpp:240
#7  0x464665 in wxDocument::Save (this=0xda9b84) at wx_doc.cpp:207
#8  0x46646a in wxDocManager::OnFileSave (this=0xda9a84) at 
wx_doc.cpp:939
#9  0x46618d in wxDocManager::OnMenuCommand (this=0xda9a84, 
command=5003)
    at wx_doc.cpp:870
#10 0x4680ad in wxDocParentFrame::OnMenuCommand (this=0xdaa004, 
id=5003)
    at wx_doc.cpp:1573
#11 0x401e44 in MyFrame::OnMenuCommand (this=0xdaa004, id=5003)
    at docview.cpp:284
#12 0x467e55 in wxDocChildFrame::OnMenuCommand (this=0xdabc04, 
id=5003)
    at wx_doc.cpp:1503
#13 0x41e6f1 in wxbFrame::ProcessCommand (this=0xdabc04, id=5003)
    at wb_frame.cpp:238
#14 0x41e5cb in wxbFrame::Command (this=0xdabc04, id=5003) at 
wb_frame.cpp:214

-------------------------------------
Name: Garry Boyce
E-mail: [email-masked] (Garry Boyce)
Date: 12/01/94
Time: 08:46:10

This message was sent by Chameleon 
-------------------------------------

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".