Subject: Compiling MESA
From: [email-masked] (Julian R. Suarez G.)

22 Oct 1996 14:52:45 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <9610221819.AA19920.cygnus.gnu-win32@melchor>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

Hi
 
I could compile MESA with gcc, but I had to left aside the
makefiles for windows that came included. The problem is 
that the Windows version that comes with MESA uses the WinG
library for speed, and I could not link it to the rest of
the objects, both '.a' and '.o' I finaly wrote my own device
driver for Windows, that you can compile with the Cygnus gcc
version. It is a 'quick and dirty' driver but it acomplishes
it's work adequately. As it is 800 lines long and commented
in spanish, I could send you a translated version of the
sources in pair of hours if you send me a mail requesting it.
Now, some basic tips for compiling MESA with gcc:
1) Include '-I/mesa/include' as a parameter for the compiler.
2) Include both '-D__WIN32__'and '-DWIN32' in the compiler
       command line. This way you define windows executable
       and the compiler lefts out everythig that has to do 
       with X11.
2) Don't use optimization, that means, don't use '-O' of
       any kind. That's because the floating point optimization
       is bogus in the actual releases of the compiler and
       MESA rests totaly on floating point calculations. 
       That is valid for your code as it is for compiling MESA.
 
If you have any further questions, just ask.
 
Best regards.
Julian Suarez
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".