Subject: debugging multi-threaded gnu-win32 apps with gdb?
From: [email-masked] (Michel Dagenais)

21 Oct 1996 15:29:04 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I am trying to port multithreaded applications to gnu-win32. These
applications already contain code to call native Win32 calls for
a number of things including threads. Will gdb be able to do something
useful on such multi-threaded applications?

In gnu-win32, there is a way to set an environment variable (STRACE?)
and obtain a trace of all "cygwin32 handled system calls". Is there
something comparable available for the native calls? I am relatively new to
NT and any pointer to "unix like tools on NT", besides gnu-win32,
are highly appreciated (e.g. equivalent of strace, netstat, vmstat...)
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".