Subject: Minimalist GNU-Win32: Which Gzip?
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

19 Oct 1996 04:07:42 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: Jim Taylor's message of Fri, 18 Oct 1996 18:13:50 -0400 <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> Date: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 18:13:50 -0400
> From: Jim Taylor <[email-masked]>
> 
> 	  Please, which g-un-zip does one use for hte "minimalist"
> first tar-gz file?

I have gotten quite a few questions of this sort lately, so I thought
I would let interested parties on the mailing list know: I don't know
exactly what the problem is but the file seems to get corrupted when I
download it using the Win 95 version of Netscape (but not the UNIX version
or the Mac version). I have found no workaround at this point except to put
a pointer to a uuencoded (i.e. text only) version of the file on my page.

If you are using Netscape on Windows 95 then download that and uudecode it.
Ick!

Netscape seem to have no problems with files from ftp sites (like the other
files on the list). If someone has a place where they can put my file on an
anonymous FTP site I would appreciate it. Otherwise I don't know what to do.

Colin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colin Peters ------------ Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science, Saga, JAPAN
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/home.html - [email-masked]
コリン ピーターズ - 佐賀大学理工学部情報科学科情報基礎学講座
                    - Current favorite kanji: 晴れ 芝生 -

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".