Subject: Re: Bug: 'cd ..' from //a/{subdir} broken
From: [email-masked] (David Jeffers)

17 Oct 1996 20:10:02 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Cc: [email-masked]
In-Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

>>>>> "MLDickey" == MLDickey  <[email-masked]> writes:

    MLDickey>      I've tried several different floppies, and all of
    MLDickey> them do the same thing.  I do not have source to check
    MLDickey> against.
     
    MLDickey>      If you 'cd //a' and then 'cd {some subdir}' you
    MLDickey> cannot 'cd ..' to get back to the parent.  It just stays
    MLDickey> in the current directory.  Also, you cannot 'cd //a' to
    MLDickey> get to the parent, either.  You have to change drives
    MLDickey> first, and then go back to //a.
     
    MLDickey>      It appears that the current directory state gets
    MLDickey> mangled with the default directory state on the A:
    MLDickey> drive.

    If you have the "mount" command and use it to display your
    drive paths you will see that "//a" is mountable. This means
    you can mount //a to a: or even a directory like 'floppy'.
    For instance I have my cdrom which is normally drive "D:'
    mounted on 'cdrom' thus if I cd to 'cdrom' it reads my 'd:'
    drive.
    
    Likewise I have "c:\" mounted as "/" or the 'root' drive.
    Using your tests above I have no problems cd'ing around :)
    You can view your drive paths in the Registry under
    'H_KEY_CURRENT_USER\software\Cygnus Support\Cygwin.dll\setup
    \b15.0\mount\01 thru 05'. Change the 'native' keys to set-up
    your drive paths.

    David Jeffers	 
<[email-masked]>	

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".