Subject: fork()
From: [email-masked] (DJ Delorie)

17 Oct 1996 18:31:54 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <199610172203.SAA28671.cygnus.gnu-win32@delorie>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

I've been trying my luck at porting Apache to cygwin32, and I've got
it mostly working except that fork() almost always fails.  Yes, it
works in a trivial program.

Either it does this:

	httpd: unable to fork new process
	fork: No such file or directory

or it hangs, using 99% of the CPU.

Note: this is not a case of bash not being able to find itself, or
/bin/sh, or httpd vs httpd.exe, or httpd not in my PATH (I checked all
those).

Has anyone seen this problem before?  Any ideas on what's happening?

Also - where do all those small_printf's and system_printf's in the
src/winsup/*.cc sources go?  They look like they'd help me out.

DJ
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".