Subject: No CPP in cygwin32 for NT
From: [email-masked] (Colin Peters)

15 Oct 1996 06:06:05 -0700
Sender: [email-masked]
Approved: [email-masked]
Distribution: cygnus
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Original-To: [email-masked]
Original-CC: [email-masked]
In-reply-to: "Paul Mu"'s message of Tue, 15 Oct 1996 02:10:08 -0600 <[email-masked]>
Original-Sender: [email-masked]

> From: "Paul Mu" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 15 Oct 1996 02:10:08 -0600
> 
> Could you tell me where is cpp in cygnus win32 for NT. I have gcc and g++,
> when
> I try to compile, it's said there is no cpp .

Heh. It's in "H-i386-cygwin32/lib/gcc-lib/i386-cygwin32/cygnus-2.7.2-960712"
in the b16 distribution directory structure. You may want to take all the
executables out of there and copy them up to /usr/bin (or wherever your gcc
is living) if you're not using more than one copy of gnu-win32. Or you can
add it to your COMPILER_PATH (with a trailing slash!). Either one works.

This *must* be a FAQ... isn't it? I'm pretty sure that everyone who installs
gnu-win32 for the first time gets the message about not finding cpp from gcc.

Colin.

PS. Silly question: Why didn't you do a "Find" thing from the start menu, or
search using File Manager (if you're still stuck with NT 3.x)? Not that this
changes my opinion that you shouldn't *have* to go searching for this program
in the first place.

PPS. If you're extracting the files out yourself it's in "two.zip".

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Colin Peters ------------ Saga Univ. Dept. of Information Science, Saga, JAPAN
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/home.html - [email-masked]
コリン ピーターズ - 佐賀大学理工学部情報科学科情報基礎学講座
                    - Current favorite kanji: 晴れ 芝生 -

-
For help on using this list, send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".