Mail Archives: djgpp/2004/06/17/06:30:24
>I have a problem debugging a DJGPP project with GDB. This seems to be
>- On the cross-devel platform I use:
>- On the Windows XP environment (MSDOS Prompt)
>Has anybody out there an answer to this? I did not find docs on this topic
I cannot remmeber seeing this sort of problem before. Some things to
try (Eli knows allot more than I do, so ignore this if Eli responds):-
1) Ensure that you are using the DJGPP 2.04 beta releases and NOT the
2.03 releases. This is because you are using XP.
2) Go and search the DJGPP workers list at www.delorie.com for GDB 6.0
as I remember something seeing something a few months ago about it,
but cannot remember what it was.
3) A few days ago Andris released a test GCC 3.4. You may want to try
this so that then you have the same version of GCC on both OS's.
4) I do not know how to do this, but check that GDB and Binutils both
support the same version of Dwarf (I do not know if there are
5) Failing all of the above you could give RHGDB.EXE a try, it's part
of Rhide and is essentially (and oversimplified) a GUI for GDB (GDB is
built into the exe). Rhide 184.108.40.206 can be doenloaded from
www.rhide.com in the snaphot area.
Good luck and let us know how you go.
- Raw text -