Mail Archives: cygwin-developers/2000/04/07/18:22:48
In an attempt to build the cinstall source without using MSVC, I have
made the following minor changes to my local copy of the winsup source
from CVS. One corrects an obvious typo and the other was so I could
configure and build everything in one pass from the main directory
including the cinstall code.
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/winsup/configure.in,v
retrieving revision 184.108.40.206
diff -r220.127.116.11 configure.in
The source for cinstall, setup.exe. Has been checked into CVS. It still
has to be built with MS Visual C. It can be built with mingw, but blows
up when run. Since time was of the essence, I worried about the
necessary changes first.
This needs some testing. Especially on Windows 95. I do not have it
running at home to test.
Please let me know if there are any issues. I will try to respond
Fri Apr 7 17:04:02 Ron Parker <rdparker AT sourceware DOT cygnus DOT com>
* README: Added info about non-working mingw implementation
* gzip.exe.gz: Replaced with a version from the same build as the other
* tar.exe.gz: Replaced with a version from the same build as the other
* mount.exe.gz: Added to repository until, mingw can build setup.
* cygpath.exe.gz: ditto
* cygwin1.dll.gz: ditto
* setup.c: Overwrite /bin and /lib mounts. Generate working shortcut
Win9x. Display only a screenfull of options at a time. Call all tools
an absolute path.
* setup.dsp: Restored the carriage returns, MS Developer Studio needs
* setup.dsw: ditto
* zlib.dsw: ditto
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
- Raw text -