Mail Archives: cygwin-apps/2002/03/15/08:02:16
Ok, Setup200202 now
* checks for /etc/passwd.lnk and /etc/group.lnk,
* it already only creates missing /etc/passwd and /etc/group files.
* I still cannot duplicate the local install issue,
* and the new bin, src tickbox arrangement is in place.
* Win98SE may still have a graphics issue, I've received no input on
I'm uploading a new snapshot, and will announce a "last-chance" on
cygwin@ for the win98SE issue.
==== Old message ===
setup200202 has the following remaining key issues:
doesn't detect links for /etc/passwd and /etc/group
overwrites both /etc/passwd and /etc/group if either are missing (or
(new) may have issues on win98SE.
(new) has an unconfirmed issue with local installs.
(new) cannot select source only if a package is not already installed.
I'm going to put a quick fix in for the first 1 or maybe 2 points.
Likewise for the last one. The 3rd I cannot help address - can anyone
here shed some light on it? The fourth likewise - it's unconfirmed.
Once points 1,(maybe 2) & 5 are addressed, IMO we can release this.
- Raw text -